This course is specially designed for University and College students in Nagpur, Maharashtra to learn C / C++ from basic to advance level. C++ is the object-oriented version of C that has been widely used to develop enterprise and commercial applications. Created by Bjarne Stroustrup, C++ became popular because it combined traditional C programming with object-oriented programming (OOP) features. Smalltalk and other OOP languages did not provide the familiar structures of conventional languages such as C and Pascal. Microsoft’s Visual C++ is the most widely used C++ language.
NOTE: Object Oriented in C++ is a separate course
- Absolute Basics
- Machine and high level programming languages and compilation process
- Obtaining the machine code compilation process
- Recommended readings
- Your first program
- Variable – Why?
- Integers: values, literals, operators
- Character’s: values, literals, operators
- Dealing with streams and basic input/output operations
- Flow Control and more Data types
- How to control flow of the program.
- More integral types: values and literals
- Loops and controlling the loop execution.
- Logic bitwise and arithmetic operations.
- Arrays and Strings
- The Basic idea and Notation
- Declaring an array
- Assignment Statements and Expressions with Array Elements
- Sorting Arrays
- Two dimensional Arrays
- The Sentinel String Character”
- String Variable Declaration and Assignments
- Some Predefined String Functions
- String Input using “getch()”
- Functions and Procedural Abstraction
- Functions: Why do you need them?
- Declaring and Invoking functions
- Side effects
- Different methods of passing parameters and their purpose
- Default parameter
- Inline functions
- Overloaded functions
- Splitting into different files
- Declaring Pointers
- Assignment with Pointers Using Operators”*” and “&”
- The “new” and delete operators, and the constant “NULL”
- Array variables and Pointer Arithmetic
- Dynamic Arrays
- Automatic and Dynamic Variables
Method of Delivery
- Lecture 40%
- Computer Lab 60%
Students will be awarded certificate from IT WAY, if fulfill the following minimum requirements:
- Attendance = 75%
- Marks = 80%
Students Grades are calculated from assignments, classwork and the final project.